illusions

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

farewell to raven

People who've known me for since first year high school would know how special the raven is for me. It was in fact the title of my first blog entry, a poem that i wrote for the school paper, and of course my favorite alias. Well, there's a big something about the raven that only a select number of people know about. This is the story behind the RAVEN...

Back in the 6th grade, two of my closest friends and i decided that we wanted to make a comic book. I did the designs of the characters, they helped with the plot, and well basically we were just having fun. After a while, we all got tired of it and some of us went our seperate ways, but i revamped it again and again until i became satisfied with what i had.

From a cyborg, i turned the main character into a real human... and from japan... i moved the setting to my own fictional place in SEA. But most of all, from Kasumi i changed the lead character's name to raven.

Since my friends and i decided to make an action kind of series, i kept that element of it. So my lead character, who's name became Sophia would be part of some group (classic action plot in anime) which i decided to call Black Bird- i was young and i wanted a really dark name for their team. from there i decided that the code name of Sophia would be Raven.

I wrote several versions of the first chapters of RAVEN, i even made versions of the logo in paint ( photoshop wasn't that popular yet back then), until i got tired of it and decided to make another revamp of the story. To this day, if it were not for the unfortunate incident that i would talk about later, my mind is still working on how RAVEN should go.

I've kept RAVEN with me, along with the tons of designs i did for the characters, and all the other things i wrote all these years. But now i have to say farewell to a part of myself, why?

Because of an 'accident'.

My computer was reformated by two people who didn't have the decency to make sure that a back-up of the files has been made.By the time one of them asked me, the start button was already pressed. Down the drain everything went.

Now as i recall the things that i kept in my profile, i couldn't help but remember how special they were to me. You see, the only organized thing i have is my computer profile. EAch end of the school year, i re-check my files, delete the unneccesary ones, and categorize into specific folders the ones i'd keep. My columns in the news paper, along with my editorials, news articles, poems, some fanfiction, and the award winning adaptation of the Merchant of Venice my best friends and i wrote went down the drain.

I was hysterically crying up until now. That was 5 years of myself gone in a flash.

so i guess i have to say good bye to raven now...'cause i know i'm gonna have to move on... just as my dad said to me a while ago... there's nothing we can do, i can't let this be a reason for my failure.

Farewell Raven

posted by Raven at 5:58:00 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home